With ecological concern increasing, every manufacturer needs to have
policies for lessening the environmental impact of their products.
But how should a manufacturer demonstrate their environmental concern?
- By producing a product made from environmentally friendly raw material?
- By producing a biodegradeable product?
- By producing with minimal energy consumption?
- By recycling production waste?
- By having environmentally friendly working conditions?
- By producing a product where the waste is renewable, or even generates energy?
- By producing a product with as little volume as possible?
- By using environmentally friendly packaging material?
At Abena we consider the entire lifecycle of our products; materials, process, distribution, use, and waste – the same elements used by all recognised environmental accreditation bureaux in assessing the environmental impact of a product.