“Abena is a privately owned, Danish company, operating since 1953. Our primary focus is on the production of incontinence products for both institutional and consumer markets. Our products are available in over 50 countries throughout the world. We have always acknowledged and embraced our environmental and social responsibilities’ – indeed these elements have always been a natural part of our business. The management and employees of Abena continuously strive to improve and adjust to the global environment we exist in.
Our mission is to offer our customers, the best products for the best value for money whilst providing them with the optimum level of comfort and security. Our ultimate group focus is to improve ‘quality of life’, not only for those suffering from functional disorders but also for their care-takers”.
And in relation to our workforce we have created the following Code of Conduct.
Scope of application
- The Abena Group Code of Conduct has been developed to encapsulate the core philosophy of Abena, including its function and products. The function of the Code of Conduct is to clearly outline Abena’s strategy in relation to customers, employees, business partners and the environment.
- The Abena Group wholeheartedly encourages all suppliers, business partners, distributors, subsidiaries etc., to embrace these principals and actively take them on board in daily business practices.
- It is worth noting that future suppliers and business partners will be graded according to the Code of Conduct and must be found to be compliant.
- Of which the Abena Group are committed to, seeks through the power of collective action to advance responsible corporate citizenship so that business can be part of the solution to the challenges of globalization. The Global Compact principal brings companies together with UN agencies, labor and civil society to support ten principles in the areas of human rights, labour and the environment. Abena strive to ensure that internal and external customers abide by the rules of the global compact initiative.
Human Rights and Workplace Practices
- Mutual respect and non-discrimination in the workplace:
Abena works towards creating a non-discriminatory company culture. “Mutual respect” amongst management and employees is recognized and enforced. It is understood that employees have the right to be affiliated to a recognized union of their choice and furthermore, if required all parties will engage in collective discussion and bargaining if and when necessary.
- Abena treats all its employees in an equal manner regardless of gender, age, race, religion, disability, sexual orientation or social or ethnic origin.
- Work Environment – a safe and healthy work environment will be provided for all Abena employees.
- No form of forced labor or child labor is tolerated within the Abena Group
- Conflict of interest clause – Abena’s Ethical code: Abena Group employees must not accept payment, gifts, or other kinds of re-imbursement from a third party that could potentially affect or appear to affect their objectivity in their business decisions or any dealings which could potentially be construed as a bribe.
- Legal compliance – In every country in which it operates, the Abena Group shall abide by the laws and regulations of that country. If a situation arises where upon adequate legal guidance is absent, the Abena Group will apply its own ethical standards.
- Accounting and reporting – all accounting and reporting structures will be fully inline with approved and generally accepted industry practices. Accounting records will be transparent and non-misleading.
Environmental Principals and Performance
- The Abena Group recognizes its responsibility in relation it’s environmental impact and is comprehensive in its risk analysis procedure every step of the way. This is becomes evident when reviewing some of the environmental standards employed by the company.
- Expanding our already extensive range of eco. labeled products is one of our many goals at Abena.
Responsibility of Managers and Employees
- The code of conduct will actively be enforced on an ongoing basis
- Reports of violations of this code may result in disciplinary action
- Reports of violations of this code can be reported confidentially and anonymously to the responsible manager.
- Management/Quality Systems are used at Abena to measure the core Code of Conduct and the performance level’s within the company, including: ISO: 9001, 14001, OHSAS: 18001 & Bek. 923
- This code of conduct has been developed and implemented by the Abena Group board of Directors and can only be amended and modified by them.